The Old Cinema is committed to ensuring your privacy is respected. We may ask you to provide certain information when using this website, or when buying in-store, but you can be assured this will be handled carefully and lawfully, and in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulations 2018 (GDPR).
The information you provide will enable us to process your purchase transactions, to respond to enquiries, and to send email marketing, when consent has been provided.
What personal data do we collect?
- Your full name and contact details. When applicable this includes your postal address (billing and/or delivery), contact number, and email address.
- Order history and invoice details are stored securely and can only be accessed by authorised personnel
- Hard copy payment details are stored securely and can only be accessed by authorised personnel
- Your full name, contact details, order history and IP address.
- We store no financial data, such as payment card details. These are handled by our payment processing provider, SagePay (certified PCI DSS compliant level 1).
- Your email address is collected if you subscribe to our newsletter (you can unsubscribe by clicking the link at the bottom of the email, after which your email will not be stored).
- We do not store any information provided via our Instant Enquiry form, these details are deleted after a response has been made
How is Personal Data Collected?
Customers and visitors provide personally identifiable information when making a purchase or an enquiry, as outlined above. This might take place in person, over the telephone or by email. This occurs online when a customer completes the checkout process, registers for an account or makes an Instant Enquiry. Newsletter subscribers are asked to provide explicit consent to receive our weekly stock update and may easily unsubscribe at any time.
Why is Personal Data Collected?
Collection of customers’ personal data is necessary for the following:
- Fulfilling our duties under a contract for the sale of goods.
- Responding to customer queries or complaints
- Pursuing our legitimate interests in the supply of products and services.
- Promoting and advertising our products and services.How is Personal Data Used?
When required by law, we may share your data with credit reference agencies, governmental bodies, law enforcement agencies, regulators, courts/tribunals, and insurers.
How Long Do We Keep Your Data?
We will not retain your personal data for longer than necessary.
You have the right to request all personal data we hold on you and to request your data is removed from our systems.
Please make any applications in writing to The Old Cinema, and we will respond within one calendar month.